Industry Standard. Professional Utility.
SM Microphones are equal to the demands of high-energy performance, proven time and time again through decades of rigorous use by performers and engineers of all experience levels. The renowned sound and construction of the SM Microphone line has remained the metric by which all other microphone performance has been judged, setting standards for minimized handling noise and improved gain before feedback. In live performance and recording applications, SM Microphones are legendary – virtually indestructible professional gear.
Popular radio and TV mic features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum. Plus mounting bracket.
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices. The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106
Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal ‘air suspension’ shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
Polar Pattern (Example 1)
Polar Pattern (Example 2)